|| Books and Movies Dedicated to Coleen From Authors, Illustrators and Producers
Photo credit - Sonya Sones
"Epossumondas Plays Possum" © 2009,
Janet Stevens, Harcourt, Inc
- Whitney Stewart, "A Catfish Tale"
"In memory of, and with thanks to my friend and storyteller Coleen Salley, who taught me to love Louisiana"
- William Joyce, "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"
"For Bill Morris and Coleen Salley, who devoted their lives to books"
- "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore", Moonbot Studios, won the Academy Award in 2012 for Best Animated Short Film. This short film was produced by Coleen's friend William Joyce of Moonbot Studios, located in Shreveport, LA. Coleen was one of the people the movie was dedicated to. She makes a cameo appearance in the film a couple of times with the little, round lady in a polka dot dress with her hair pulled back in a bun (Coleen's signature hair-do!). You can see a trailer on the website, http://morrislessmore.com/. Ordering information for the short film, the iPad App and book are available on this site.
- Janet Stevens, "Epossumondas Plays Possum"
"For my dear friend Coleen. I miss you"
- Eric Kimmel, "Even Higher"
"In memory of our dear friend Coleen Salley.
Life is well worth living."
- "The Princess and the Frog", Disney Studios. Coleen received a special dedication in this movie and inspired the character Mama Odie (listen for a line straight out of "Epossumondas"). Coleen consulted with the film makers when they came to New Orleans to learn about this great city which is the setting for the movie. In the credits, there is this special acknowledgement to Coleen and Leah Chase, a famous New Orleans restaurateur: "Gratitude to two extraordinary women whose strength, wit and character embody the spirit of New Orleans."
- Freddi Williams Evans, A
Bus of Our Own
- Robert San Souci, Six
"To my very dear friend Coleen C. Salley,
Scholar, Storyteller, and once and future 'Cajun Queen of New
- Matt Berman, Children's
Book Awards Annual
"For Coleen Salley, tireless promoter
of Children's books."
- Tomie DePaola, Bill
and Pete to the Rescue
- Janet Stevens, To
Market, To Market
"To Coleen Salley, who allowed me to take her to market,
- Angela Medearis and James E. Ransome,
"To Coleen Salley, with love from both
of us. Your New Orleans accent, funny stories, and personal
tour of the city made this book come alive."
- Gloria Teles Pushker, Toby
Belfer Never Had a Christmas Tree
"...and to Coleen Salley, who had faith
in me and taught me well."
- James Marshall, The
Cut-Ups Cut Loose
- Tomie DePaola, The Legend of
| For information about Coleen or this website, please contact Genevieve Salley Athens at email@example.com
Copyright 2003-Present, Estate of Coleen Salley
website redesign and maintenance by